Friday, February 18, 2011

California, here I come!

I'm leaving tomorrow for my annual Keller Williams Realty Family Reunion in Anaheim.  Having lost 50+ pounds, and having given to charity about 165 items of clothing, my closet is BARE!  It's CRAZY how few clothes I have!  But, I don't want to buy winter clothes now since they won't fit next winter after I have lost 75+ more pounds...  So I am making do with just a few outfits.

I am not a shopper.  Don't like to shop, never have, never will. 

But out of necessity I ventured out today to see if I could find a few things to wear in order to look presentable this coming week in California.  I am hard to fit.  Very short, very wide.  Disproportionately large arms.  Fitted sleeves don't fit.  Hey, but I have a cute face!

So anyway, at my first stop I took two tops into the dressing room.  Not only did they both fit well, I LOVED them both!  Usually, I end up settling for something I am less than in love with, simply because it fits me right.  I ventured to another store, took a couple more tops into the dressing room, and again I scored two tops that fit AND that I loved!  Man, I could get used to this! 

Pants were a little more challenging, being that my legs are so short and wide, but I did find one pair that I LOVE and that fits WELL!  And in a size I haven't worn for many years!  Wooohoooo!  I even scored a great pair of shoes for hobbling miles and miles on my arthritic knees through the exhibition hall.  They are supportive, comfy, stylish and SMALLER!  That's right, my shoes are getting too big and I had to buy shoes either a half or full size smaller!

Tomorrow I will head to California with a few new outfits in smaller sizes and will thoroughly enjoy wearing them.  My hair, however, will be out of control.  Under orders not to cut or color it until my makeover for The Women's Council of Realtors fashion show on April 7th, my ends are split and my roots are showing.  It is lifeless, drab and hanging in my eyes.  What's a girl to do?  I will follow orders and leave it alone. 

And I will imagine people walking past me thinking, "Wow, she could actually be attractive for a fat girl if she would just DO SOMETHING with her hair!" 

It's all good!  I am a work in progress, and I'm getting better and better every day!

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. Way to go! Always a confidence boost to buy new clothes that actually look good AND fit right. Have fun in SoCal, maybe we'll run into each other! It's a small world down here, right? haha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a great trip to California. Waiting for another blog update!

    ReplyDelete