Thursday, January 27, 2011

Keep on keepin' on

The past few weeks have been a bit discouraging for me as progress slowed.  I transitioned to regular food, and with that experience came the need to plan, shop, cook, prepare, package, count calories, carbs and protein.  It takes TIME and DISCIPLINE, things that are not naturally strengths of mine!  Although I have joyfully continued to lose, I have put up puny numbers on the scale the past few weekly weign-ins.  A one pound loss, and then a 1.5 pound loss.  Very discouraging.  I do recognize that it is still positive, and happily have never NOT lost at least a little bit, but I'm impatient!

This week I rejoiced with my sister, Kerri, when she reached a particular weight loss milestone she had been aiming for.  She is an inspiration to me as we travel this parallel journey to health and fitness.  CONGRATULATIONS Kerri!  The first milestone of mine that I managed to accomplish was getting off the 35 pounds I had gained over the past year and a half.  Once those pounds were gone I was back to where I started and making REAL progress!  It was a day of joy and exhilaration when the scale announced my accomplishment!  The next milestone, that seems to be so slow in coming, is to get 50 pounds off.  I shoulda, coulda, woulda hit it a few weeks ago if I had continued on the path I was on, dropping an average of 3.5 pounds a week.  My last three weigh-ins had me down 42 pounds.  Then 43 pounds.  Then 44.5.  COME ON!

Back in the saddle again!
In my determination to hit that 50 pound milestone sooner, rather than later, I am going back to the strict Optifit food for a while.  The fact is that I actually grew to LIKE it, and  I really MISS the convenience.  I don't want to have to think so much about what I am going to eat!  Slipping those packets into my neon lunch bag every day, hitting the road and not giving food another thought, is the best meal plan for success, for me.  When I'm hungry, pull something out and eat it.  When my bag's empty, I'm done for the day.  Idiot proof!  So today, I am back in the Optifit food saddle.  Giddy up!

With Peggy and Heidi at the Keller Williams Open House

Last week my Keller Williams Realty office held a big celebration.  Our annual Vision Breakfast celebrating accomplishments of 2011 and goals for the coming year, and later that day, the Grand Opening of our new office.  There were several agents attending from Spokane, who I met last Summer during our 8 week BOLD coaching sessions. They wouldn't have known that I have been dieting.  Several of them approached me to tell me how good I looked!  It was very gratifying because honestly, when I look in the mirror I don't see much difference.  But I will keep on keepin' on until I achieve my goals, because there is just no reason not to!







Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

  1. One day, one better choice at a time. We are doing it, sister! XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock. I like the idea of a pre-packed lunch bag with all the food for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a good day back in the saddle, although I did also eat 2 radishes, a hard boiled egg white and a dish of diet jello. 2.5 pounds down at my weigh-in, only 3.5 to go to that allusive 50 pound loss. Next week at this time I will be looking at 50+ pounds in my rear view mirror! SEE ya!

    ReplyDelete