Thursday, January 6, 2011

The results are in!



The beginning, 10/13/2010


After 12 weeks
 Down 40 pounds, 4 inches off my bust, 3 inches off my waist, 4 inches off my hips, 3/4 inch off my neck.

After posting those results on my Facebook wall last night, I got many, many comments of support and encouragement.  The most fun was a comment from my 17 year old son:

"dude mom.......your boobs are shrinking. sounds like any girls worst nightmare." 

Out of the mouths of babes!  I suppose from the perspective of a 17 year old boy that might sound like a girl's worst nightmare.  The real nightmare is carrying around all that extra fat!  I can always find a padded bra....

I am very pleased with the results.  I recognize that had I stayed the course through the holidays, I would have lost more, probably about 8 more pounds or so.  It's an interesting mind process, all of this stuff.  At the times I gave myself permission to eat what wasn't on my meal plan, I thought the trade off was worth it. I was with my family, in celebratory situations, traveling, out of my routine, away from the gym.  Now, I realize it wasn't worth it for the momentary pleasure of eating some yummy stuff.  I will have to practice smacking down my drunk monkey when he puts those thoughts into my head.  The huge success here is that I still made better food choices, still stayed away from the poison of sweets, and still LOST weight. 

I'm looking forward, a little nervously, to the next 12 weeks chapter of my journey, transitioning to real food.  I wonder if I can remember the way to the grocery store?  No doubt Rick and Derek will enjoy having someone in the house cooking once in a while! ◦
Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the next 12 weeks Janna!

    I love the drunk monkey reference. I had never heard that phrase until a couple of months ago. My buddy, a KW agent is always talking about his drunk monkey keeping him from achieving his goals.

    You have lots of friends on ActiveRain cheering you on.

    Bob Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo, way to go! It is quite an accomplishment to do all of that over the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. Just think by next Christmas where you will be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl! Nothing can match the highs of seeing proof of the hard work and sacrifice you have made in the last few months. I'm inspired every time I read one of your posts about your journey. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete