Sunday, January 2, 2011

Drumroll..... The final results of my 12 week Optifit fitness plan are...

DELAYED!

I was traveling to Colorado the evening of my 11 week weigh-in.  It's the only one I had missed, and I hated to miss it!  I have realized that the weekly accountability, coming face to face with the scale, is really important in keeping me motivated and on track.

Last Wednesday, the 29th, was the scheduled final 12 week weigh-in for Kerri and me.  But the heavy snow storm that blew in caused the Optifit folks to cancel the evening's scheduled appointments and support group meeting.

So this coming Wednesday we will officially have our last weigh-in of our 12 week journey, on week 13!  It will have been THREE WEEKS since I was on the scale after week 10.  Gulp.  Three weeks that I have been traveling, busy, out of my routine and veering off track!  I haven't been in the gym for the past two weeks.  I have eaten off the plan! 

On a positive note, I have NOT eaten any sweets.  None, nada.  And let me tell you, sweets were all around me!  Nor did I eat any hot out of the oven home made rolls dripping with butter, like everyone around me was eating.  But, I ate.  And the problem with that is one thing leads to another, and I ate more.  And again.  But no sugary sweets, pastries, candies, pies, cakes or my mother's famous fudge - which has been singing to me from my kitchen for almost a week now.  No sugar, not one bite.  In spite of my lack of perfection, I can say I have been perfect in that!

So this is my confession.  And my worry for my weigh-in on Wednesday.  Realistically, I probably stopped losing weight a couple weeks ago.  Maybe I am up a little, maybe not. 

It's a new year, a new start!  I'm not sure what my plan will be from here on out, now that we have finished our 12 week Optifit rotation.  Kerri and I will have it figured out soon, we're determined to keep going until we are half the women we were in 2010! 
Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

  1. Don't beat yourself up for being human...know that the only real eating program is one that you can live with...all things in moderation....and portion control....add the exercise ...and watch your clothes fall off...it's sooo much fun ! It is happening....you know it ...feel it...deserve it...enjoy it !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feeling a bit stressed myself sister o'mine. Don't think I've lost much if any weight since Christmas but pretty darn sure I haven't gained any either. :)

    Small victories. Just think of all the people who are just now vowing to lose weight and get fit in the new year ... we've got a head start on that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all good, Janna. It's all good! Sometimes it's just not big chunks of fat calving from your body. But it's all good. Stay strong.

    ReplyDelete