Saturday, November 20, 2010

Fish taco land mines along my route...

I had never even heard of Del Taco before moving back to Coeur d'Alene 27 months ago.  Since then, I have passed by Del Taco hundreds of times, probably thousands, and never gave it a second glance.  There are two that I pass by regularly.  One on Hwy. 41 in Post Falls, and Hwy. 95 in Hayden.  Had never eaten at one, and if I had died having never eaten there I couldn't have cared less.  Then a month or so before I started my journey to health and fitness via the Optifit program, an associate suggested we stop there from lunch on our way back to the office for somewhere.

That's when I discovered that Del Taco fish tacos are TO DIE FOR!  (Well, not literally...)  They became my new favorite thing to eat if I happened to be anywhere in the vicinity of Del Taco when I was hungry.  It's ironic that the Del Taco on Hwy 41 lies directly in my pathway from my home or office to the Optifit office and fitness center.  I pass by it twice each time I go to my Optifit appointments, or to their fitness center to have Bad Chad exhaust my muscles on purpose.  Once coming, once going.  The first time after I started my meal plan, as I drove past, it was all I could do to keep my car from driving through the drive through.  I wanted a fish taco so bad I could taste it!  I could smell it!  Ymmmm, the little piece of fresh lime to squeeze on it!  I wanted it, but I kept driving.  The thought of a fish taco taunted me as I went home, but again I just passed it by. 

The next week was a repeat.  There was Del Taco in my path, and I knew that right at the end of that drive-thru was a delicious fish taco just waiting to be eaten, and boy would I love to eat one.  I resisted again and reminded myself that when these 12 weeks are up and it's January, fish tacos will still be there!  They aren't disappearing from the planet! 

The fourth week, I noticed Del Taco and realized that the previous week I had come and gone to my appointment without giving Del Taco and fish tacos a thought!  I was amazed at that, and although I would still love to eat one, or two, they don't call out to me anymore from the drive-thru every time I pass a Del Taco.  Today I chuckled as I passed Del Taco in my travels and decided to snap a picture.  Victory!

                                    Janna 1, Del Taco 0
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment