Thursday, November 18, 2010

Real, live proof that one really CAN lose 100 pounds!

Every Wednesday night after our Optifit weigh-in and a visit with the doctor, or dietitian, or nurse - depending on the week - Kerri and I attend a support group meeting.  Good times!  People at varying stages of their individual weight loss journey.  I have jokingly been calling it our fat persons group therapy, but need to knock that off.  It's the working-on-our-mind component of our physical transformation.  We get educated in a casual and friendly setting about making the lifestyle and mindset changes that will lead to permanent victory in our battle of the bulge.

Last night, my new friend Cheryl mentioned that she is down 98 pounds, and this next week will reach the 100 pounds lost mark!  

100 pounds!  This week Cheryl will step on the scale & see the needle mark a 100 pound milestone!

Living proof that if one stays the course, it will happen.  It seems so allusive to me right now.  I can't even count how many times I have attempted to lose weight.  Always get some off, always get all of it, and more, back.  I have never been a normal, healthy weight in my entire adult life.  But that was then, and this is now.

After 6 weeks in the Optifit program I am down 21 pounds.  Hooray!  My excitement is tempered a bit by the knowledge that I have lost 21 pounds dozens of times before.  I have a long way to go, still more than 100 pounds.  But I'm on my way, and with Cheryl as my inspiration, this time next year you will see me, like Cheryl, tucking my shirt in and wearing a belt!
Share/Bookmark

4 comments: