Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I'm Janna and I'm BOLD! Positive affirmations and giggles...

Right about the time Kerri and I had our on-camera Biggest Loser casting interview, I began an 8 week coaching program, BOLD.  As we jumped through hoops and waited, I was learning how to live my life by DESIGN rather than by default.  Business AND personal.

BOLD was a big cost and a big time commitment - one full work day each week along with copious amounts of homework assignments that also took a large chunk of time.  And the kicker was that we each got a strike for every uncompleted homework assignment, and three strikes meant you were OUT!    No ifs, ands or buts.  And if you didn't complete all of your homework and got a strike, it affected your team.  About 25 associates from my Coeur d'Alene Keller Williams office traveled to Spokane to participate with about 100 people.  I didn't DARE not do what was expected...

Coach Brian Combs was awesome, and BOLD changed my life.  The first morning, Coach Brian asked how many of us listened to daily affirmations.  Two hands went up.  He then enlightened us that we ALL listen to affirmations every day.  Problem is, most of them are negative affirmations that our drunk monkey constantly puts in our heads.  I can't.  It's too hard.  The market stinks.  It won't work.  I'm too fat.  Blah blah blah.  All day, every day, our drunk monkey is filling our minds with self doubt that we end up believing to be reality.

Thoughts of your mind have made you
what you are and thoughts of your mind will
make you what you become from this day forward.
Catherine Ponder

In our BOLD materials, we had a CD with positive affirmations, and the homework assignment to listen to it every day.  The positive affirmation CD we all received seemed so silly at first!  I would listen and repeat as I drove along in my car, giggling to myself.  Wondering if the people beside me at the stop light could hear me.  "I like myself!"  "I get things done!"  "I think happy and positive thoughts!"  "I'm a money magnet!"  You know what?  I began to notice random good things happening in my life, both personal and business.  My husband noticed it to, and still comments about it.
 
How do you normally think and talk to yourself.  Most likely, you have limiting beliefs.  Did you know that brain wave tests have proved that positive words make our "feel good" hormones flow freely?  These same neurotransmitters stop flowing when we use negative words and thoughts. 

The word is not just a sound or a written symbol.  the word is a force, it is the power
you have to express and communicate, to think, and thereby create the events of your life.
Don Miquel Ruiz

I recently decided that for my weight loss journey I needed some positive weight loss affirmations.  I compiled a bunch I found on the Internet into a list I am using every day.  I started reciting them all, everyday, to nice soft music which is supposed to help transport them into brain cells, or something.  I don't know how it works, and I don't really care, I just know that it does work.  Now, I pick one affirmation each day, write it out 10 times and post it in front of me at my desk.  Here's today's:

                Every day I am feeling thinner and looking better!

Call me crazy if you want but it works.  I still giggle at most of them, but then I smack down my drunk monkey and carry on.  Coach Brian would be proud!


I enjoy being healthy!
My body is getting stronger, slimmer, and healthier everyday!
I am losing weight effortlessly and easily!
I am losing weight today and everyday!
I am in the process of reaching a healthy weight!
I do everything I need to do to achieve my healthy weight!
I see myself at my healthy weight and I achieve it!
It is easy for me to stay on my plan to achieve my healthy weight.
Each day I automatically and successfully eat healthier and healthier!
I lose weight systematically and I keep it off permanently!
I love my physical body and I treat it with the respect it deserves.
I feel thin, alive, healthy and beautiful.
My weight is within my own control.
I am beautiful and desirable now.
My body is a beautiful temple.
I am getting stronger every day as I build muscle.
Every day I am feeling thinner and looking better.
I love being healthy!
Every day in every way I am getting slimmer and better.
I love exercising and making myself healthy.
Every day I am getting closer to my ideal weight.
I enjoy food that is healthy, balanced and making me thin!
I now claim my birthright by having a healthy and slim body.
Losing weight comes easily and naturally to me.
I am fully committed to reaching my ideal weight.
If others can lose it, so can I.
I am on the road to health and fitness.
I realize that success comes through my efforts and hard work.
I push myself to success and prosperity one day at a time.
I think before eating.
Healthy foods taste better.
Slimming in a healthy way is my priority.
I picture myself at my perfect weight.
Every day I eat fresh fruits, vegetables, low fat foods and whole grains.
Nothing tastes better than slim.
Whenever I step on the scale I see that I have lost some weight.
My dreams come true.
I have the willpower to persevere with my goal until I lose the weight.
I am comfortable, confident and at ease in all social situations.
I eat moderately and pay attention to what I put in my mouth.
I am beautiful and that beauty is reflected back to me.
I am thanking God for providing me the inner power to get slim.
I am filled with energy and vitality.
I choose to be healthy and slim and full of energy.
I drink lots of pure fresh water.
I am feeling thinner today.
I love going for a walk.
I am losing weight now.
I make no excuses.
I look and feel lighter today.
I build lean muscle and I burn fat.
I love the feeling of making progress!
I exercise daily because it makes me feel fantastic.
Losing weight is effortless.
I enjoy myself in physically active ways

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. Hope you don't mind I an coping and pasting this as my affirmation Janna.... Your words couldn't be more perfect for me! Thank you.

    Rayshell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rayshell, GO FO IT! How fun to see you here, my friend!

    ReplyDelete