Monday, November 15, 2010

The journaling homework - I did good for a while!




I have a lot to catch up on since I am finishing up my 5th week but just starting my blog. What better place to start than the beginning?




10/12/10 - Started Optifit today. The breakfast bar and shake were good. That's a relief. Feeling a bit worried about my ability to stick with it for the long haul. Need to listen to my weight loss affirmations and smack down my drunk monkey!
8:00 Bar and shake, water
11:30 Hot Chocolate
1:53 Peanut Bar and Berry Cream
5:40 Chocolate shake
8:30 Pudding
10/13/10 - Up early, very full, stressful day, running nonstop, solving problems for everyone. Stuff out of left field, non-stop! Today I missed food. But not really hungry, the Optifit "food" is good and satisfying. I miss eating!
10 /14/2010 - Insane crazy busy day. Up @ 4:00 and never paused.
10/15/10 - Two closings! Still crazy busy. Trying to keep up meal SCHEDULE. Must do better!
10/21/10 - Another hectic few days with mom's illness that ended up with gall bladder surgery. Big distraction from life, work, everything, but I stayed the course!
I survived the Gingerbread House workshop I presented on Saturday. Up to my elbows in royal icing and a boat load of candy I shopped for but never sampled. I had my first weigh-in yesterday and lost 7# my first week. Sweet! Feeling a little lighter, happy to have had a perfect week. (Oops my gingerbread picture landed in the wrong spot on the top of the page, still trying to figure this all out....)
I haven't had the constant "empty" feeling of the first few days. VERY tired of all the "food" being sweet! Bring on the savory, the crispy, the fresh! At dinner we get our only non-sweet meal - powdered soup from a little packet we reconstitute with 8 oz. water. I fantasize all day about my soup! There are 4 kinds, and in my opinion, 3 of them are vile. (No one else I've talked to shares that opinion, by the way...) It's chicken noodle for me! It's very tasty and has a few fragments of veggies and some minuscule noodles that are little more than floaters in some savory, non-sweet broth! Yummmm.
Today was my first fitness consultation and introduction to the gym equipment. Gulp. How did I get so far out of shape? I am a big marshmallow. Look out muscles, it's party time! Time to rock and roll!
I realize I am an "all or nothing" girl, as Kristi Flicker, my dietitian calls it. I can stick to the very strict eating regimen and not falter. It's when I have to add back real food and transition to normalcy that I will really find out what I'm made of! I have been craving a fish taco at Del Taco... Why?
Each day we get 8 things to "eat". Two nutrition meal replacement bars, and six other meals/snacks in powder form in a little envelope. Supposed to eat a bar and a shake for breakfast, a bar and a shake for lunch, soup and a shake for dinner with two snacks thrown in. Eight things. I have found that every day, running hither and yon, I rarely eat two things together at one meal. I drink a shake when I get up. Eat a bar in the car. (Hey, that rhymes!) Whip up a shake mid-morning. Grab my bar as I dash to the car, and so on. One at a time. I will have to find out the disadvantage of spreading them out like this.
(OK, now my food photo flew up to the top, too. What's with that? Every day I put 8 items into my little neon yellow lunch bag. That's my food for the day. I don't have to think about it again. No planning, preparing, thought. Hungry? I just reach into my bag and pull something out. Definitely won't work forever, but for now, it's working. I'll worry about later, later. I have been tempted to toss one of those bananas into my little lunch bag, but Janna Banana can NOT have a banana. Wonder why they haven't done a banana flavored Optifit smoothie?????)
Jello - the bonus bedtime snack! I blew it! I bought two 4-packs of the little sugar free cups, a week's worth, to eat one each night. Over the course of the weekend I consumed all 8 little cups!My drunk monkey told me that it was no big deal to have 2 instead of 1, or 1 at lunch and 1 at dinner because there are only 10 calories in a cup. Big deal! Well the big deal is that it was supposed to be ONE in the evening. Let's have some discipline! So in 12 days, that's the only thing I have put in my mouth that was not on the plan, Too much sugar free jello. Pretty good, but I really need to smack down that darn drunk monkey. Discipline! I have restricted myself from anymore diet jello. Get a grip!

Tune in next time for the riveting first installment of "My Conversations with the Sunday Pot Roast."

Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

  1. Haha! I can't wait for the riveting first installment! I love the jello segment, mainly because sugar free jello cups are my favorite thing in the world and I have been known to consume an entire 8-pack in a 24 hour period. If that's your one "cheat" then I'd say you're doing awesome! Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janna, oh my, what a journey, I applaud you. I know you can reach the goal! You go girl!

    And you started this whole journey on a very special magical day, it is my BD! HA, you are destined to succeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragement you two! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY Andrea! Eat some cake and ice cream for me, just a little teeny bit....

    ReplyDelete