Tuesday, December 28, 2010

It was an ENORMOUSLY significant event!

December has been a busy whirlwind in my world.  I took two trips to Colordo, had an extremely busy month in real estate, and had to make Christmas happen for my family!  I haven't had time to blog, either here or on my real estate blog, and I've missed it.  I haven't kept up with my workouts, my eating schedule, drinking enough water, journaling, positive affirmations, ANYTHING!  It's so easy to get off track when I get off schedule.  I don't like not being in CONTROL!  I am still learning much and making progress, but have had a few slip ups.

I'd like to share an experience I had on Christmas eve that took me by surprise.  We were in Colorado, at my daughter-in-law's sister's house.  My two little granddaughters were joined by their five small cousins, and the seven kiddos were surprised by a visit from Santa!  Santa called up each of the kids and presented them with a gift bag containing their Christmas Jammies.  What fun!  Then he called up Kristen, my almost 21 year old daughter.  That was a surprise, she jumped on Santa's lap, and he presented her with some jammies, too.  He called up my daughter-in-law Trinity, and presented her with jammies to match Kristen's.  Next, to my horror, he called out my name, and handed me some jammies to match Kristen's and Trinity's. 

I say to my horror because never, ever, have I received a gift of clothing of any kind, that wasn't too small.  Whether a sweater, bathrobe, jacket, it didn't matter.  I would open it, be urged by the giver to try it on, and it would be too small.  Every time, as long as I can remember. I am hard to fit, short and round and bigger than people think I am.  Every gift of clothing would leave me embarrassed and humiliated.  EVERY TIME! 

I DREAD gifts of clothing like nothing else!

I thanked Santa and fretted about those pajamas the rest of the evening.  I was almost sick to my stomach dreading the moment when everyone would urge me to go put them on, and I would be spilling out of them.  Seriously, it ruined my evening.  When we arrived home, everyone put on their Christmas jammies.  Something made me decide to go ahead and try them on.  And do you know what, they FIT!  I can't explain the joy I felt that night and Christmas day, to be wearing matching jammies with my girls.  To be doing something a NORMAL person could do!

It was a pivotal moment in my life.  Why have I settled for living like I have been?  It's ridiculous!  I will keep moving forward, stay the course and never give up!  I'm looking forward to the new year, getting back on track, back on schedule, back into a controlled setting.  Stay tuned, it's only going to get better and better! ◦
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment