Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A pivitol moment at the mall

Enjoying having our college daughter home for just a few days, my husband and I went with her to the mall in Spokane in search of a new coat.  We got to a department store, and all went in separate directions in search of post-Christmas bargains.  I looked for the Queen Size women's department and couldn't find one.  Not all stores have Queen departments, or Plus Sizes, or whatever name they give the clothes that fit LARGE women.  I decided to take a look through the normal-people-sized clothes.  I saw four tops that I liked and decided to throw caution to the wind and try them on in a normal-person-size extra large.  The first one fit perfectly, but it looked too much like an old lady shirt.  The second one was cute, fit pretty good except was too tight on my arms.  I almost got it anyway, knowing my arms are slowly shrinking, but decided against it.  The third one I couldn't squeeze my arms into at all, it wasn't a knit like the others.  The fourth one fit like a charm, I loved it and I bought it. 

Tomorrow, I will wear the first thing I have bought in DECADES in the regular ladies department at the store!  Yes, it's a knit.  Yes, it's a size XL.  But yes, it is NOT from the Queen Sized department!  I'm making progress, I see light at the end of the tunnel, and I LIKE it! ◦
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment