Monday, December 6, 2010

It was a GOOD weigh in! And I rejoiced!

When I weighed in on week 6 at the halfway point in the 12 week Optifit program, I had a weekly loss of 5.5 pounds!  I was happy, but less than enthusiastic, which I explained in an earlier post.  Half of my brain believed that it was some kind of anomaly.  Perhaps I drank less that day than prior weigh-in days, or I had on clothing that weighed less. 

There must have been SOME explanation besides
simply having dropped 5.5 pounds of fat that week. 

The following week, Thanksgiving week, I actually ate some real food off my meal plan, and other crimes, which I also confessed in an earlier post.  When I showed up to weigh in last Wednesday, I was secretly praying that my weight wouldn't be UP, that I would have at least stayed the same.  I was dumbfounded to see the fancy scale spit out a little paper that said I had lost 4.4 pounds!  Yes, indeed, I had lost 10 whole pounds of fat, not muscle or anything else, in two weeks.  And a total of 31 pounds since I began.

I hugged everyone I could get my arms around, and rejoiced!  I had Kristi Flicker, the beautiful, smart and perky Optifit Dietitian, hold up her model of 5 pounds of gross fat, as well as her model of 5 pounds of lean muscle. 

It is amazing to me to think that in 7 weeks I have lost
more than SIX of those disgusting 5 pound globs of fat!
 


I am thrilled!  And I am so grateful for this amazing opportunity to jump start my journey to good health and fitness.  THANK YOU, OPTIFIT! ◦
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment